Re: SPI-NOR FS512S incorrect CR3NV[1] value

Hi Yong,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 01:37:14 +0000
Yong Qin <Yong.Qin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Boris,
>
> Do you mean the SFDP table?

Sorry, I meant the SMPT (Sector Map Parameter Table) section of
the SFDP table. See page 130 of this datasheet [1].

> Can you please share me more detail of what is wrong, i.e., which
> parameter, what is expect value and what you get?

See "Table 70. Sector Map Parameter", CR3NV[1] is always set to one,
and when we retrieve this value at runtime we get a 0. Which means
we won't find a matching mapid when iterating over the map table, hence
the bug reported by Yogesh.

If CR3NV[1] is always 0, then the SMPT should be fixed accordingly:

CR3NV[3]  CR1NV[2]  CR3NV[1]  Index  Value Description
0         0         0         00h    4 kB sectors at bottom with remainder 256 kB sectors
0         1         0         02h    4 kB sectors at top with remainder 256 kB sectors
1         0         0         04h    Uniform 256 kB sectors

Regards,

Boris

[1]http://www.cypress.com/file/216376/download