Re: Dosemu on 64 bit architectures

31.12.2016 05:26, Richard White пишет:
I'm moving to a 64-bit system (Debian stable). The Dosemu website
speaks about 64-bit ports since at least V 1.4.X, I have downloaded those
binaries (with instructions that make no mention of any special 64-bit
considerations or issues), but have been unable to get them to work and
I wonder if they are 64-bit aware, It is also notable that debian currently
does not seem to offer a dosemu package.

Am I on the wrong track? There was talk of a V2 in about 2013. Was that a
fork, and should I be using it perhaps? Yet the original dosemu site
persists, still with 2007 information, and no indication that it is not still
relevant. All of this makes me wonder if this (sadly) is a dead end.
Just to clarify: V2 was intended to be a completely
independent project, that's why the dosemu site does
not mention it. The amount of rewritten code and new
features was initially very large (you can see the diffstats
yourself), plus a different license. But right now I don't
have a lot of free time for it, so at this point of time we
can call it a development fork of dosemu1, diminishing
its original goals. :)
In any case, you can try it out and report bugs, but its a
development code, a bit far from any release yet. Just hope
it will suit your needs and we try to keep the amount of
regressions from dosemu1 at minimum where possible.