Re: Problem with serial port access

Thank you for your reply. You wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:58:31 +0100
> lars@xxxxxxxxxxx (Lars Bjørndal) wrote:
>
> > Hope someone can help.
>
> This is somewhat late... and you've probably already solved the
> problem.
>
> Serial port communications is nearly always a headache... I used it for
> many years!
>
> Did you check the cable? Does the cable implement the DTR/DSR and/or
> CTS/RTS lines (in both directions?) Some cables have strange (and
> incorrect) connections at each side.
>
> Some software also uses those lines differently from others. One of
> the pairs (DSR/DTR I believe) is software controlled, so they can be
> activated at different times.
>
> To avoid cable problems you can try to enable XON/XOFF, and disable
> hardware handshaking. This is simpler to debug, and even the simplest
> cable should work (3 wires only).

I don't know anything about the cable. It's connected between two
servers that isn't in house. Actually, the cable workks perfectly when
using screen from one machine to log in to the serial console on
another. After disabeling the serial console, starting dosemu,
using a mode command to setup the port and trying to copy a file
over, it didn't work.

I solved my problem by using other transfere methods.

Again, thank you.

Lars