Re: Dosemu stsrts only one time in Putty

Hi Frantisek,

W dniu 2011-10-10 04:09, Frantisek Hanzlik pisze:
Tomasz Skorupa wrote:
Hi All,
I new on the list so let me say that You do a great job!

As I say in subject i observe strange behavior on Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS with Dosemu installed.
After installation dosemu starts only one time with properly working screen on Putty terminal.
I see Dosemu welcome message when I invoke it via dosemu -t command.
When I exit to linux and start Dosemu again I see only black background with cursor block in
strange position, but program works ok because when I type exitemu I back to linux prompt.
Only machine restart let me run Dosemu again. Exit Putty and start new session not work.
Software used:
Linux Ubuntu server 8.04 LTS
Dosemu 1.4.0 from Ubuntu repository installed via aptitude with no tweeks in config files.
Putty for Windows version 0.60

Could Yoy give me some direction what I can change to make it working?

Regards,
Tomasz Skorupa
You must restart Linux server, or Windows machine?

I must restart Linux server to make dosemu working again. Restarting Windows machine do nothing as logout from Linux and start new session with Putty.

Running dosemu directly from Linux server is fine?
I need check this.

What is Your dosemu.conf file?
As I sad in previous post I don't make changes to default creating by install script.

I never met with something of that kind. From my experience, DOS
applications often behaves weirdly when setting $_dosmem>640, but
this usualy become evident in every session, not only in second+.
I mostly access remote dosemu from other Linux box via "ssh -X" and
thus I'm using xdosemu, but "dosemu -t" works for me too (just tested
on Fedora 15 with dosemu i686 svn.2053 in vm86 mode) - only one thing
seems interesting for me: "mode" command shows (in dependence on
accessing PC window size) values as:
C:\>mode
*** PRINTER PORT 1 STATUS ***
Port status: [  ]
*** PRINTER PORT 2 STATUS ***
Port status: [  ]
*** PRINTER PORT 3 STATUS ***
Port status: [  ]
*** VIRTUAL PRINTER PORT 4 INFORMATION ***
Free for redirection to serial ports.
*** CONSOLE STATUS ***
CON codepage support (FreeDOS DISPLAY) not loaded.
Screen size: 110 columns, 39 rows, mode 3, font height 16.
Switchar is '/'. Numlock is off. Scrolllock is off. Capslock is off.

(110 columns and/or 39 rows are non-standard in DOS world, i'm not
sure when it cannot break some dos apps).

(and second thing, interesting for me, is line "*** VIRTUAL PRINTER ..".
Isn't there in FreeDOS some support for virtual printers which is
missing in DOSEMU? Printing to more than 3 (virtual) printers is
important for me - know somebody about status in FreeDOS and dosemu?)
I include picture with result of mode command execution. You find there all informations You want

What Your ~/.dosemu/boot.log ? Tried You compare this between first
and second session? Eventually with fiddling with $_debug setting in
"/etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf".

Best, Franta
Because this is a working server I will do that tests tonight.

Regards, Tomasz.