Re: EMM386 not installed - protected mode software already running.

To put my question a little more succinctly:

Is there a way to achieve the same results as the command

DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE frame=none x=C000-C7FF x=E000-E7FF

through dosemu.conf entries without loading the EMM386 driver? I don't know why these particular switches are necessary, but the previous system is my starting point here.

If there is a better way to handle these issues, I'm willing to hear them.