Re: Interrupt jitter on Kuper Control RTMC48 Motion Control Card?

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:22:08 +0200
Stefan Diercks wrote:

> Of cause it depends on how the card manages Timers, and in what manner
> Interrupts are used. Is there anyone out there who got anything
> comparable running satisfactory? I expect interrupt jitter to cause
> the stepper timings to run out of range. Should I use a faster
> Computer to start with? :D Hmm, maybe I should, but the jitter
> question is the same. What are your suggestions and experiences?

Control stuff like that is something that I've never attempted with Dosemu.

However, since it sounds like you're planning to dedicate a computer to this
task, I'm thinking that you might save yourself considerable hassle if you
simply install Freedos (or something similar) on the computer and leave it at
that.  If the only job this thing does runs under DOS, then why fight city
hall, as it were.