Re: XF86VidModeQueryExtension has disappeared

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:04:34 +0100
Frantisek Hanzlik <franta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:25:49 -0600
> > Frank Cox<theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> >
> >> I just downloaded and installed your i386 rpm to see if there's any difference
> >> and once again I still get the same error.  I'm really mystified here.
> >
> > Something else that I just discovered:  "dosemu -S" works fine.
> >
> > So it's just xdosemu that doesn't work.
> >
> After some Altavisting :)) it look like problem with "lookup symbol error"
> on dynamicaly loaded modules is caused by some incompatible library mixing,
> e.g. from different distros.
> Fedora 10 is just out, then You may still try dosemu with final F10 ?

I just updated a different laptop from Fedora 9 to Fedora 10 and ran xdosemu
without error.  However, this laptop is running the x86_64 version of Fedora
while the other laptop is running the i386 version so it's not really
conclusive.

Hopefully this means that the problem is something that has gone away between
the F10 pre-release and the final.