Re: Remote control of Dosemu

Hi John,

I had this problem when running Norton Ghost, it asked a question at startup that needed the sequence <Tab><Tab><Enter> before proceeding with the command line options. The available DosEmu options didn't work, so I wrote a kernel module that simulated key presses. This was for a 2.4 kernel and a hack, I'm no kernel hacker.

In my case Ghost was running in a console on the front display. To get an idea of Ghosts progress, I found the memory at 0xA0000 showed a cross-section of the 4 colour screen. It looked like it was interlaced, though I couldn't figure out how. For my purposes it was enough to save the screen. It is possible the text version is also available in a constant memory location.

The details of the kernel module and screen grab are here, in section 5:
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/ghost4linux/index.html

Richard

John Coppens wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:21:55 -0300