Re: Performance problems

Frank Cox escribió:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:19:54 -0600
> Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that there was another program that does pretty much
the same
>> thing as TAME but without the send-money nag screen, i.e. a free
program.  But
>> I can't recall its name at the moment....
>
> I found it.
>
> Here is the readme file:
>
> QUOTE:
> DVPTAME   Released to the Public Domain, 1991.
>
> DVPTAME lets DESQview suspend programs before their time slice is up if
> they are frequently polling the keyboard to check for a keystroke.  You
> specify how many times the program is allowed to check for a keystroke in
> one clock tick (1/18 of a second), and DESQview does the rest.  No extra
> programs to load, no shared programs, etc.
>
> Usage 1:   DVPTAME = <dvp-file>
>      Report the current polling limit
>
> Usage 2:   DVPTAME <n> <dvp-file>
>      Set the polling limit to <n> keyboard polls per clock tick
>
> In both cases, <dvp-file> is the FULL filename of the .DVP for the program
> you wish to tame.
>
> In many cases, DVPTAME will perform just as well as the shareware TAME.
> However, TAME can suspend programs which don't poll the keyboard often
> but make their idleness known in other ways, and can tame programs which
> poll the keyboard frequently even while they are still doing useful work.
>

>         Ralf Brown
>         ralf@xxxxxxxxxx
>         1:129/26.1
> END OF QUOTE
>
> As you can see, it appears to be DESQvew-specific at the moment.  However,
> complete asm source code is included in the archive that I have so
someone who
> is more incentivized than I am at the moment may be able to make it
work with
> DOSEMU.
>
> DVPTAME doesn't appear to be easily available online at the moment; at
least,
> Google didn't find it for me.
>
> Accordingly, I have put it online here for anyone who may want to take
a look
> at it:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/dvptame.tar.bz2

Thanks for all comments!!, i solved it!, the problem was hogthreshold
it was 0, now i put it in 1 and all it's ok. Thanks very much !.

- --

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is
 that you end up being governed by your
inferiors."
- - Plato

                         Boscovich, Maximiliano
GNU/Linux Counter user #402782
Blog: http://maximilianoboscovich.wordpress.com
Jabber: boscovich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: joelboscovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
GnuPG Public Key:
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=-8543752951164951938&created=1152911209000
Command in GNU/Linux:  gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
- --search-keys mboscovich
Key fingerprint: 7A88 1636 BDA4 F680 AB00 0D8E 896E 7DF5 291E 227E

-