sensor on serial com timing problem under Win > 98

Hi,
   I have a temperature / humidity sensor that sends frequency
modulated data to the com port. The program collecting them
runs under DOS (up to Win98). I can run two DOS Windows
with two sensors without any problems from within Win98.

Migrating to WinXP, I have tried to emulate DOS with DOSBox,
VirtualPC, and VMWare but in all cases the data are wrogly
interpreted in that the values are unreliable. This appears to be
a timing problem.

Does anybody know whether DOSEmu under Linux would do
the job correctly? I am a LINUX beginner and would only try it
when there is a good chance of success.....

Thanks a lot for hints, Dieter
Dieter Blaas,
Max F. Perutz Laboratories
Medical University of Vienna,
Inst. Med. Biochem., Vienna Biocenter (VBC),
Dr. Bohr Gasse 9/3,
A-1030 Vienna, Austria,
Tel: 0043 1 4277 61630,
Fax: 0043 1 4277 9616,