MS Word 4

Just for the blast from the past, I'm playing around with an old copy of MS
Word 4.

Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of printing the
document.

If I tell Word to print with the TTY driver then it works, but of course it's
just plain text.

I thought that if I could get it to give me Postscript I would be able to get
italics and underlining and so on.  Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get
that to work.

Both the "Apple LaserWriter portrait mode" driver and the "Generic Postscript
driver, portrait mode option" in Word give me this when I print "This is a
test.":

PSp 15840 SFL
1800 1680 P 8640 SLL 0 12 F (This) S 144 J ( is a test.) S
PE PSe

As you can see, it sort of looks like Postscript.  However, the file command
tells me "ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators" and evince tells me
"interpreter failed" when I try to view it.  ps2pdf gives me an
"unrecoverable error" when I try to convert it to a pdf.

So... where am I going wrong here?

-