Re: DOSEMU vga font

On 6/2/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Once again the spam filtering on this mailing list appears to have eaten my
post.

I got your message twice actually.

(Again, does anyone know how to go about getting my address whitelisted so this
won't keep happening?)

I don't think that's possible... but there is information on what is
permitted and what not on
and
http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-taboos.txt

It has never been clear to me how to get rid of this error and since it never
affected or changed anything I haven't given it much thought.  However, now
that I'm playing with DOSEMU 1.4.0, it might be a good time to deal with this
error and get rid of it.

The message comes from the dosemu script (/usr/bin/dosemu). It's on my
todo list for 1.4.1 to get rid of it, it's harmless, wrong by default,
and at the wrong place. dosemu.bin can complain if it can't find the
font though.

Essentially, if you don't set $_X_font, or use the default "" setting,
then a bitmap font is used; X fonts aren't necessary for that.

If you set it to "vga" (as was the default in 1.2.1 and earlier), and
vga is not available, then the message is relevant. However the script
isn't smart enough to know all that.

Bart
-