Re: [PULL REQUEST] Manpage and misc updates (try #2)

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Robby Workman wrote:
On Tue, 5 May 2009, Alan Jenkins wrote:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Robby Workman wrote:

 generate-modprobe.conf |  281

If you look at "git-log generate-modprobe.conf", you see it's had
multiple patches submitted this year.  Now, given the history of m-i-t
development, it's possible that the patches were just extremely
delayed and no-one will care if you delete it.  But I think you should
CC the patch authors and find out why they cared enough to submit them
:-).

Okay, fair enough, but it's my understanding that all of the backwards
compat stuff for older modutils is being removed, and since part of the
aim of this patchset was to help in that regard, generate-modprobe.conf
had to go. :-)  I'm hoping Jon will weigh in on this, but if not, I'll
check with the other authors.

CC'd Martin Schlemmer and Mike Frysinger on this - guys, do you know of
some reason that this should stay?  From what I've gathered on IRC with
Jon and others, all of the backwards-compat stuff with old modutils is
essentially gone (or will be soon), so I don't see a reason for the
generate-modprobe.conf file to hang around.  Perhaps I'm missing something
though, so here's your chance :-)

Thanks for the feedback, Alan - it's much appreciated.  I'll get started
on some better patches and try to get them out by this weekend.

Well, I had more free time than I thought I would today, so here's try #2.
New location: git://github.com/rworkman/mit.git - only three commits this
time, and really it should have been two, but I can fix that for a final
pull request assuming everything else is okay.

I'm attaching a diffstat and cumulative diff to this mail.

-RW

[Index of Archives]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]