Re: Poor write performance to boot area using rcar-gen3-sdhi

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Von: "Christian Loehle" <CLoehle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> While u-boot does basically all IO with one op code, Linux's writeback via page
>> cache writes 4k wise which leads to catastrophic performance.
>> Using O_DIRECT mitigates the issue, though.
>
> Interesting, without having tried it out I would expect the 4k writebacks to be
> merged to a bigger IO, too? Given that they are filled sequentially, which is
> the case.
> But good that you got it working.
> If I find the time I will play with it a bit.

I think due to the nature of rcar-gen3-sdhi merging of these BIOs is not possible.
There seems to be support for some variants, though:
https://elinux.org/R-Car/Merging-MMC-block-requests

Not sure whether I find the time to dig down that rabbit whole too. ;-)

Thanks,
//richard

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]