RE: Poor write performance to boot area using rcar-gen3-sdhi

> Can it be that rcar-gen3-sdhi changes some timings after switching?
> Either in software or on hardware.

Neither should be aware of the notion of a boot or user area partition.
Anything below mmc/core isn't, if we exclude the boot operation which is read only, so not applicable to your problem.
So also a
while true; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblkXboot0 bs=128K status=progress; done
gives you like ~50KB/s consistently?