Re: RZ/G2M Hangs when booting some SD cards

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 2:11 PM Wolfram Sang
<wsa+renesas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I was thinking about taking the math from the U-Boot and porting it to
> > Linux to see if the issue goes away, but before I did that, I was
> > hoping someone might have some insights to see if that's the right
> > direction to go.
>
> Thank you very much for your detailed report!
>
> I have one SanDisk card which sometimes fails to probe on one specific
> board, so for me it was really hard to debug the issue because it was
> hardly reproducible. Can you tell me which cards fail and if they do
> that realiably? Also which Renesas HW do you use?

I have cards that fail 100% on my RZ//G2M.  I have an N and H as well,
but I haven't tested them yet.

Unfortunately, a colleague of mine tested positive for covid-19, which
prompted several of us to get tests, and I received a positive test,
so I cannot go back to the office for at least 5 days.  (I am feeling
fine today)
Because I cannot go into the office I can't get the exact part number,
but the card I have is a Patriot card, but a colleague of mine
reported another brand was failing the same way.

I was given permission to ship one out if you're interested but I have
to wait until next week to test anything or ship anything. Please
don't feel obligated to accept the card,but I know it can be easier to
have actual hardware.

> So much for a first response. I will have a closer look at your findings

Thanks for responding.  I'll try to get card info / part number from
my colleague.

adam

> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks again,
>
>    Wolfram

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Memonry Technology]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Media]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]