Re: Keep rtsx_usb_ms runtime suspended when polling for cards

On 23 May 2018 at 11:29, Kai Heng Feng <kai.heng.feng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> at 4:59 PM, Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 23 May 2018 at 10:31, Kai Heng Feng <kai.heng.feng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> I just discussed with Ritesh about commit [1].
>>>
>>> Since it was concluded to be hardware problem, is it okay to revert [1]?
>>

>> I don't think so.
>>
>>> The end goal is to keep the card reader runtime suspended to reduce power
>>> consumption.
>>

>> Sounds like a call to pm_suspend_ignore_children() should be called
>> for the USB parent device, conditionally, when the HW works as you
>> suggest.
>

> Does your "conditionally" mean CONFIG_PM enabled/disabled?

Nope. Depending on how the HW works.

At least to my understanding, the fixes we made were on a HW that
requires the USB leaf devices nodes (mmc/memstick) to have the USB
parent to be powered. This seems to not be the case for your
situation.

Or am I missing something here?

>> Would that work instead?
>

> Yes it works nicely.
> I'll send a patch to add pm_suspend_ignore_children() in the parent device.

Great!

[...]

Kind regards
Uffe