Re: can we remove the quirk SDHCI_QUIRK_CAP_CLOCK_BASE_BROKEN ?

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:08:35PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> I think I agree with Wolfram. Perhaps a much better model would be
>
> "Anyone who adds a quirk will have to figure out how to remove one"
>
> Several are trivial to remove and generalise into a couple of function
> overrides.

My favourite would be one concentrated action to remove a couple of
those quirks while adding well defined hooks to reduce the need of new
ones. I have a few ideas and am currently trying a few options to get it
funded :)

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |