Re: [RFC] Heterogeneous memory management (mirror process address space on a device mmu).

<ogerlitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Sagi Grimberg <sagig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Shachar Raindel <raindel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Liran Liss <liranl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Roland Dreier <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Sander, Ben" <ben.sander@xxxxxxx>,"Stoner, Greg" <Greg.Stoner@xxxxxxx>,"Bridgman, John" <John.Bridgman@xxxxxxx>,"Mantor, Michael" <Michael.Mantor@xxxxxxx>,"Blinzer, Paul" <Paul.Blinzer@xxxxxxx>,"Morichetti, Laurent" <Laurent.Morichetti@xxxxxxx>,"Deucher, Alexander" <Alexander.Deucher@xxxxxxx>,"Gabbay, Oded" <Oded.Gabbay@xxxxxxx>,Davidlohr Bueso <davidlohr@xxxxxx>

Nothing wrong with device-side memory, but not having it accessible by the CPU seems fundamentally brown from the point of view of unified memory addressing.

--
Sent from my mobile phone.  Please pardon brevity and lack of formatting.