Re: [patch v2] oom: thaw threads if oom killed thread is frozen before deferring

On Tue 11-10-11 11:57:35, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
> > To sum up. There are 3 patches flying around at the moment.
> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/68576
> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/68577
> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/68583
> >
> > They are approaching the problem by thawing oom selected frozen task.
> >
> > Tejun mentioned his work (sorry I do not have a link to patches) that
> > should enable direct killing frozen tasks. This would mean that we do
> > not need any special handling from the OOM code paths AFAIU. This would
> > be much better of course and I guess we can wait for them for 3.2.
> >
> > Does this make sense?
>
> I don't find any bad in the idea. So, I have two questions.
>
>  o Who are writing such patch now?

Tejun, could you send a link to those patches, please?

>  o Should we drop current drientjes patch?

This pretty much depends on when Tejun is able to provide the mentioned
patches. If we want to keep David's patch we want also the other
patches, don't we?

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs