Re: + mm-introduce-reported-pages.patch added to -mm tree

On 11/6/19 3:33 PM, David Hildenbrand wrote:
> We want do discuss *design* and *architecture* here, not
> *implementation details*.

Could folks remind me what they see as the high-level design delta
between these two approaches?

It seems to me like Alex's approach tries to minimize new metadata, but
imposes some rules on the internals of the allocator.  Nitesh's is more
disconnected from the allocator, but has the increased complexity of
managing some new disjoint metadata.

Right?

Neither one of those seems particularly good or bad on face value.
They've just staked out two reasonable but different approaches.  Is
there anything intractably bad about either approach that I'm missing?