Re: [8/8, v6] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: implement debugfs interface for memory probe

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Shaohui Zheng wrote:

> so we should still keep the sysfs memory/probe interface without any modifications,
> but for the debugfs mem_hotplug/probe interface, we can add the memory region
> to a desired node.

This feature would be distinct from the add_node interface already
provided: instead of hotplugging a new node to test the memory hotplug
callbacks, this new interface would only be hotadding new memory to a node
other than the one it has physical affinity with.  For that support, I'd
suggest new probe files in debugfs for each online node:

	/sys/kernel/debug/mem_hotplug/add_node (already exists)
	/sys/kernel/debug/mem_hotplug/node0/add_memory
	/sys/kernel/debug/mem_hotplug/node1/add_memory

and then you can offline and remove that memory with the existing hotplug
support (CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG and CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTREMOVE, respectively).