Re: [8/8, v6] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: implement debugfs interface for memory probe

> I doubt either Greg or Dave suggested adding duplicate interfaces for the
> same functionality.
>
> The difference is that we needed to add the add_node interface in a new
> mem_hotplug debugfs directory because it's only useful for debugging
> kernel code and, thus, doesn't really have an appropriate place in sysfs.
> Nobody is going to use add_node unless they lack hotpluggable memory
> sections in their SRAT and want to debug the memory hotplug callers.  For
> example, I already wrote all of this node hotplug emulation stuff when I
> wrote the node hotplug support for SLAB.
>
> Memory hotplug, however, does serve a non-debugging function and is
> appropriate in sysfs since this is how people hotplug memory.  It's an ABI
> that we can't simply remove without deprecation over a substantial period
> of time and in this case it doesn't seem to have a clear advantage.  We
> need not add special emulation support for something that is already
> possible for real systems, so adding a duplicate interface in debugfs is
> inappropriate.

so we should still keep the sysfs memory/probe interface without any modifications,
but for the debugfs mem_hotplug/probe interface, we can add the memory region
to a desired node. It is an extention for the sysfs memory/probe interface, it can
be used for memory hotplug emulation. Do I understand it correctly?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shaohui