Re: i.mx6 camera interface (CSI) and mainline kernel

Hi Steve and all,

I am busy porting to Steve's subdev version a driver that I had written
in intdev style, for the freescale imx6 linux version.  And I have a
problem :

My previous driver had the following ioctl function, which used
the V4L2_FRMIVAL_TYPE_CONTINUOUS type answer.

static int ioctl_enum_frameintervals(struct v4l2_int_device *s,
                                         struct v4l2_frmivalenum *fival)
{
        if (fival->index)
                return -EINVAL;
        fival->type = V4L2_FRMIVAL_TYPE_CONTINUOUS;
        fival->stepwise.min.numerator = 1;
        fival->stepwise.min.denominator = MAX_FPS;
        fival->stepwise.max.numerator = 1;
        fival->stepwise.max.denominator = MIN_FPS;
        fival->stepwise.step.numerator = 1;
        fival->stepwise.step.denominator = 1;
        return 0;
}

Now I see that Steve's related ioctl, using the 'enum_frame_interval'
pad function is :

static int vidioc_enum_frameintervals(struct file *file, void *priv,
                                      struct v4l2_frmivalenum *fival)
{
        struct v4l2_subdev_frame_interval_enum fie ...;

        ret = v4l2_subdev_call(dev->ep->sd, pad, enum_frame_interval,
                               NULL, &fie);

        fival->type = V4L2_FRMIVAL_TYPE_DISCRETE;
        fival->discrete = fie.interval;
        return 0;
}

where type is arbitrarily set to V4L2_FRMIVAL_TYPE_DISCRETE, because of the
limitation of the struct v4l2_subdev_frame_interval_enum, which has no 'type',
field nor a 'stepwise' field.

How can I do to continue to provide de V4L2_FRMIVAL_TYPE_CONTINUOUS answer ?

TIA

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles