Re: PCTV Triplestick and Raspberry Pi B+

Peter Fassberg wrote:

I'm trying to get PCTV TripleStick 292e working in a Raspberry Pi
B+ environment.

I have no problem getting DVB-T to work, but I can't tune to any
DVB-T2 channels. I have tried with three different kernels:
3.18.11, 3.18.16 and 4.0.6.  Same problem.  I also cloned the
media_build under 4.0.6 to no avail.

The same physical stick works perfectly with DVB-T2 in an Intel
platform using kernel 3.16.0.

Do you have any suggestions what I can do to get this running or
is there a known problem with Raspberry/ARM?

What are you trying to tune with?

I'm using dvbv5-scan.

I use the same program on the system that works.

The output for a DVB-T mux: Lock   (0x1f) Signal= -42.00dBm C/N=
20.25dB

And a DVB-T2: Carrier(0x03) Signal= -35.00dBm

There is a difference between Raspberry/ARM and Intel that I don't
understand.

Hmm, not sure then - maybe try md5sum on the firmware that dmesg shows

I am just a user so don't know what's different between 3.16 and later.

One thing I noticed at one point when setting mine up was (after
unknowingly breaking a splitter) that with the degraded splitter I could
get working/not on some T2 muxed by flipping the lna on off with the
option available with dvbv5-*.

Yes, I also tested that.  The firmware is identical and the LNA as well.

It do work 100% of the times I scan on the Intel platform.

// Peter