Re: input_polldev interval (was Re: [sur40] Debugging a race condition)?

Hello Dmitry,

On 25.03.2015 14:23, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On March 24, 2015 11:52:54 PM PDT, Florian Echtler <floe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Currently, I'm setting the interval for input_polldev to 10 ms.
>> However, with video data being retrieved at the same time, it's quite
>> possible that one iteration of poll() will take longer than that. Could
>> this ultimately be the reason? What happens if a new poll() call is
>> scheduled before the previous one completes?
>
> This can't happen as we schedule the next poll only after current one completes.

Thanks - any other suggestions how to debug such a complete freeze? I
have the following options enabled in my kernel config:

CONFIG_LOCKUP_DETECTOR=y
CONFIG_HARDLOCKUP_DETECTOR=y
CONFIG_DETECT_HUNG_TASK=y
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_DBGP=y
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_EFI=y

Unfortunately, even after the system is frozen for several minutes, I
never get to see a panic message. Maybe it's there on the console
somewhere, but the screen never switches away from X (and as mentioned
earlier, I think this bug can only be triggered from within X). Network
also freezes, so I don't think netconsole will help?

Best, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL