Re: LibV4L2 and CREATE_BUFS issues

Hi,

On 13-12-14 17:15, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:

Le 2014-12-13 05:41, Hans de Goede a écrit :
I think making CREATE_BUFS fail when doing conversion is probably best,
note that gstreamer should be able to tell which formats will lead to doing
conversion, and that it can try to avoid those.

Those format indeed have a flag. The problem is for HW specific format, like few bayers format, which we can't avoid if we need to use such camera.

Ah yes I see, so I assume that if libv4l where to return a failure for
CREATE_BUFS when conversion is used, that gstreamer will then fallback to
a regular REQUEST_BUFS call ?

Then that indeed seems the best solution, can you submit patch for this ?

Regards,

Hans