Re: Hauppauge ImpactVCB-e 01385

Hi Guys,
On 16/04/14 14:20, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>> However looking at the tree structure I have to say I don't understand
>> > it. Firstly there seem to be two equivalent branches in /lib/modules/:
>> >
>> > 1) drivers/linux/drivers/misc/altera-stapl/
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > 2) drivers/misc/altera-stapl/
>> >
>> > Before I do the patch and build, altera-stapl.ko is in 2) but the make
>> > install puts the new version in 1).
> Weird. It looks like media_build misinstalls this. If altera-stapl is in
> the wrong place, then I suspect the other modules are also in the wrong
> place and thus duplicated, which will cause all the things you see below.
>
> Which distro are you using?
>
> Anyway, I would recommend that you make a safety copy of your modules
> first (just in case  ), and then move all the newly install modules
> to the right place.

Well after much soul-searching about how to find out how many files were in the wrong place, it turns out it was JUST one: altera-stapl.ko

It was the only one in drivers/linux/drivers/misc/altera-stapl/. When I moved it everything fell into place the card was detected.

So this is the solution to issue one.

My distribution is Debian (Kubuntu 13.10) and this appears to be the only file that goes in the wrong place. How do I log this as a bug?

I set up a video feed and the video was detected.

Results follow in next email.

Regards

Steve.