Re: Hauppauge ImpactVCB-e 01385

Hi Hans,

On 11/04/14 11:35, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Actually, I would recommend that you try playing with the 'card=' option to
see if you can get something that works. I suspect that adding support for
this card isn't hard.
Well I did try the card= option before and it worked in a way. The raster was compressed though and the image was not really acceptable.
Alternatively, you can wait. I've ordered this card myself (it's about time I
start cleaning up the cx23885 driver, so some extra hardware to test with won't
hurt) so once I have it I'll work on adding support for it to the cx23885
driver. The problem is that it has to be ordered, so it may take some time
before it arrives.
I'm happy to wait.

Is there something I can do in the mean time? If I can download some code and start playing, I would do so if I knew where to look.

Tell me where to start and I will do.

Regards

Steve

PS In fact I think I have 2 x ImpactVCB-e's, so if your card is very delayed, I could send you one. If you're in the Netherlands it won't take long to get to you.