Re: Easycap DC60 stk1160 driver

Hi Ezequiel and Andrew,

Andrew replied to my request on his easycap forum, so I'll answer you both here.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ezequiel Garcia
<ezequiel.garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you have any chance to test a v3.11 or later kernel, please report
> let me know if this is your problem or there's something new going on.

I'm running Xubuntu 13.10 live and stk1160 recognizes the device and
cheese and ffmpeg show the video. Unfortunately the frames are garbled
as if the size of the frames is wrong. Do you know of this problem and
a possible fix for it?

> Also, if you can crack open (carefully) your easycap and check the
> encoder is gm7113 then that confirms you need either a newer kernel
> or request Ubuntu people to backport the fix (it's really very easy).

Yes, it indeed uses the gm7113 encoder, so the new kernel is necessary.

Would it be possible, or at all advisable, to try to compile the
easycap driver from Ubuntu 12.04 on the newer kernels?

Regards,
    Cees