Re: uvcvideo: Dropping payload (out of sync)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM, André Weidemann <Andre.Weidemann@xxxxxx> wrote:
> For anyone who may also run into this problem here is a solution...
>
> It seems the problem is hardware related to the Raspberry Pi. The solution
> can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/238
> https://github.com/P33M/linux

Yup, it's been known for a while that the USB host controller on the
Raspberry Pi is absolute crap.  For all the great things about the Pi,
I would probably consider this it's biggest weakness (it's actually
prompted me to *not* use the Pi for several projects where I needed a
low-cost Linux platform)...

No easy answers here.  It just won't be a very good platform for
capturing uncompressed video over its USB port.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com