Re: TerraTec Cinergy T PCIe Dual not working

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your fast reply.

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:58:05 +0100, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> I have the same card, and have not much problems. I have some reception
> issues, but I don't think it's to blame on the card (yet). I do use
> tvheadend however.
>
> In anycase, can you use w_scan or dvb-scan?

I have neither but I have "scan" from package "dvb" which does work.
This gave me the idea to re-run scan with different frequency files and
different antennas.

It turns out that my problem is the antenna. I was using the antenna I
have been using with my previous card, which is an internal DVB-T
antenna with amplification (external power supply.) I get zero signal
with that. But using the Terratec-provided cheap "stick" antenna, I get
signal again, with reasonable quality (although not as stable as with
the old card and the powered antenna.) I also get signal (but not all
channels) with my original antenna _unpowered_ (thus signal not
amplified.)

I admit I don't quite understand. I would understand that a bad,
unpowered antenna causes no signal to be sensed. But how is it possible
that a supposedly better, powered antenna causes that kind of issue?

Oliver, out of curiosity, what antenna are you using? The
Terratec-provided one, or another one?

--
Jean Delvare