Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On 09-01-13 16:01, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:44:30 +0100
Oliver Schinagl <oliver+list@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Mauro,

On 09-01-13 15:37, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Hi Oliver,

Em Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:24:13 +0100
Oliver Schinagl <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

If I understood it right, you want to split the scan files into a separate
git tree and maintain it, right?

I'm ok with that.
<snip>
I also migrated the dvb-apps changesets with the tables to:
http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git Feel free to maintain it.
Thank you, this will be the new name for it (I will locally rename it)
and try my bestest to maintain it :)

I will put a mention on the wiki 'how to submit scanfiles' (via the ML
with tags in subject/pull requests) so people have a clear way how to
submit them and I have a clear way to find them.
Great!

You should also have access to the dvb-apps hg tree. IMHO, it makes sense
to remove the files from there, and add a pointer there (README?) to the
new tree.
I will remove the scanfiles from there, add/edit the readme that the
tree is a dependancy?
Please do it. You'll likely need to also add there at the tree a Makefile
with an install target, in order to help distros to package it, and
remove the corresponding scan files install Makefile targets at dvb-apps.

Will do as soon as I figure out how to gain access and and configure my local git install. I'm quite new to this multiple private key stuff and can't get it to work for now (i'll look into that for now). I feel stupid enough for asking :p

I'll first add my local patches and then see how i can 'fix' dvb-apps to remove the old stuff.