Re: Philips saa7134 IR remote problem with linux kernel v2.6.35

Hi Sean,

I am not an expert on the kernel. So please excuse me if I give the
wrong answer somewhere.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Sean Young <sean@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you runnning the lircd user space process for input or relying on
> the in-kernel decoders?

For my testing, I booted the vanilla kernel into ubuntu recovery mode
and just pressed a few keys on the remote. No lircd process was
running at that point. So, I am guessing that I used the in-kernel
decoders.

> Also what remote are you using (or more
> specifically, what IR protocol does it use)?

The remove came with the analog TV card (avermedia pci pure m135a). I
am not sure what protocol the remote uses. I'd really appreciate it if
you could let me know how I can find that out.

> Can you reproduce the issue on a more contemporary kernel?

Yes. The buggy behavior is present in Ubuntu 12.04 (IIRC, kernel
v3.2.*). I also know that the buggy behavior is present at v3.4.x of
the kernel. I haven't tested more recent kernels.

> Note that the commit only affects kernel space IR decoders so it should
> not affect lircd.

Ok. But as I mentioned, I think I am using kernel space decoders.

> I wouldn't be surprised if the 15ms delay for processing in
> saa7134_raw_decode_irq (bottom of saa7134-input.c) needs increasing.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards.

/Partha Roy