Re: pctv452e

On 07/09/2012 06:44 PM, Marx wrote:
> W dniu 2012-07-09 10:42, Antti Palosaari pisze:

>>> That way it works, and I can save stream. Hovewer it's strange because I
>>> shouldn't have to constatly tune channel to watch it, and on previous
>>> cards it was enough to tune once and then use other commands.
>>> I base my knowledge on
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device
>>> There is nothing about constant tuning channel to use it. Am I missing
>>> something?
>>
>> given wiki-page says:
>> "
>> 4. After you've tuned a frequency and program
>>
>> a) You could now start up your simple TV watching application and decode
>> the stream you have tuned.
>>
>> For example, while keeping {a,c,s,t}zap running in the first console
>> shell, open up another console and run
>> "
>>
>> Behavior have been always same, at least for the DVB USB.
>>
>> So you don't have problems at all?
>
> ok, my fault
> problem still exists
> VDR doesn't play any channel, and while you asked me to abandon it, I
> saved some data using
>  cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /mnt/video/test3.ts
> while tuning in the background.
>
> Stream saved that way is unplayable (I play it using VLC for windows -
> it played almost all proper TS strems in the past I had). I've tried all
> software I have - to play this streams - no way.
>
> So
> - I can tune only 2/3 of channels
> - TS stream saves with errors
> - traditional tuner on the same (brand new) dish works ok
> - i've exchanged cables between the two
>
> is it possible that pctv device is less sensitive and the problem is
> with too weak signal?

Good reception on one device, completely different story on another
device - same cable; different tuner sensitivity.
It is *very* important to achieve *very* good signal reception with
larger dish(DVB-S) and/or Yagi-Uda(DVB-T) - focal angle/directional gain.
Try this one:
dvbstream -f freq -o 8192 > full-mux.ts
enough free disk space ;)
mplayer -cache 8912 full-mux.ts (TAB-TAB-TAB…)
or
dvbstream -f freq -o vid aid tid pid > single-stream.ts

cheers,
poma