Re: pctv452e

On 06.07.2012 11:34, Antti Palosaari wrote:
Did I missed something? PCTV device does not support CI/CAM and thus no
support for encrypted channels. Is there still CI slot?

no, I simply use external reader with plugin in VDR. Unfortunetelly on Hotbird there is no unencrypted HD channel I can use to test.

Anyway when using card logs are full of i2c errors

Argh! But this must be issue of earlier driver too.

yes, those errors were in logs earlier on previous driver. Hovewer previous driver allowed to play only once or two time and then was stopping work. And i've never played successfully HD channel on this card.

I debug it and it seems to be totally clueless implementation of
stb6100_read_reg() as it sets device address like "device address +
register address". This makes stb6100 I2C address of tuner set for that
request 0x66 whilst it should be 0x60. Is that code never tested...

pctv452e DVB USB driver behaves just correctly as it says this is not
valid and returns error.

Also pctv452e I2C adapter supports only I2C operations that are done
with repeated STOP condition - but I cannot see there is logic to sent
STOP after last message. I suspect it is not correct as logically but
will work - very common mistake with many I2C adapters we have.

I have second card in this computer
http://www.proftuners.com/prof8000.html
which uses STB6100 (and also STV0903 and CX23885).
I wasn't aware that both of this card uses the same chip (as I see from http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3650_CI it uses STB6100 too).
Can it be a problem? Anyway i will take off this second card a test again.

Regardless of those errors it still works?

Thank you for help. I had only a few minutes at the morning to test it and it partly worked. More test are planned tonight and I will write here outcomes.

Marx