Re: pctv452e

On 07/09/2012 09:24 AM, Marx wrote:
On 08.07.2012 14:32, Antti Palosaari wrote:
I suspect you stopped szap ?

You cannot use dvbdate or dvbtraffic, nor read data from dvr0 unless
frontend is tuned. Leave szap running backround and try again.

That way it works, and I can save stream. Hovewer it's strange because I
shouldn't have to constatly tune channel to watch it, and on previous
cards it was enough to tune once and then use other commands.
I base my knowledge on
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device
There is nothing about constant tuning channel to use it. Am I missing
something?

given wiki-page says:
"
4. After you've tuned a frequency and program

a) You could now start up your simple TV watching application and decode the stream you have tuned.

For example, while keeping {a,c,s,t}zap running in the first console shell, open up another console and run
"

Behavior have been always same, at least for the DVB USB.

So you don't have problems at all?

regards
Antti

--