Re: AverTVHD Volar Max (h286DU)

Great info. I'm less familiar with the way that Cable is
transmitted, but I do understand that ATSC carries multiple
channels per frequency. Are you suggesting that I could
capture a single stream from a single tuner which would
contain several channels, and pull the CC data for all of
those channels from a single stream? Would QAM work similarly?
( Assuming the feed is unencrypted )

I've found that most, if not all, cable boxes do not pass
through CC data, because they are meant to interpret it and
pass it on with customized formatting and whatnot, so another
scaling challenge will be finding a feed that I can use
without a cable box. OTA broadcasts have been my testing
ground because they are so readily available.