AverTVHD Volar Max (h286DU)

Hello all,

I'm currently working on an automated process to increase the
number of online Closed Captions for the hearing-impaired
community on a popular video-streaming service. I've had a
successful proof-of-concept on mac and PC platforms, but to
take this process to scale, I'd like to design a linux
solution.

The device I'm currently using is the AverTVHD Volar Max
(h286DU). I've attempted to use the Aver-supplied drivers in
Ubuntu 10.4 and 9.10 to no avail. Any help in developing a
working driver / installation method for my device would be
greatly appreciated by me, and, potentially, a very large and
very under-represented audience of hard-of-hearing.

Thanks for any support in this matter, and for all the
development done up to this point.

Andy