Re: AverTVHD Volar Max (h286DU)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM,  <aschuler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently working on an automated process to increase the
> number of online Closed Captions for the hearing-impaired
> community on a popular video-streaming service. I've had a
> successful proof-of-concept on mac and PC platforms, but to
> take this process to scale, I'd like to design a linux
> solution.
>
> The device I'm currently using is the AverTVHD Volar Max
> (h286DU). I've attempted to use the Aver-supplied drivers in
> Ubuntu 10.4 and 9.10 to no avail. Any help in developing a
> working driver / installation method for my device would be
> greatly appreciated by me, and, potentially, a very large and
> very under-represented audience of hard-of-hearing.
>
> Thanks for any support in this matter, and for all the
> development done up to this point.

Given you're looking to do this on a large scale, you might be better
suited to choose a device that is actively maintained by the LinuxTV
community rather than a device that the vendor shipped a driver for
years ago, is not in the mainline kernel, and as far as I know doesn't
work with current kernels.

Just a suggestion though.

Devin

--