Re: HVR-1600 QAM recordings with slight glitches in them

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But as I mentioned before, it's now completely non-functional due to the
> coax connector on the card having become loose enough to turn (with some
> effort, so screwing an female F-connector on/off was still quite
> doable).  Perhaps it was marginal before due to that same problem.  I
> guess I will never know... unless I try cracking this thing open and
> reconnecting whatever has gotten disconnected -- if Hauppage won't RMA
> it for me.  They seem to be pretty silent about that now though after an
> initial e-mail exchange.

If the F-connector is loose, that can *definitely* explain the
problem.  Let me know if you have problems getting an RMA.

> If not, I've got my eye on a KWorld UB435-Q if I can determine that it's
> a hardware rev. 1 unit somehow since the store doesn't want to take it
> out of the box to check for me.  It's less than half the price of an
> HVR-950Q at $40, as much as I would love to stay loyal with Hauppage --
> this coax connector on my HVR-1600 coming loose, aside.

Even if they take it out of the box, you would be unlikely to be able
to determine the revision without plugging it in to something and
checking the USB ID.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs