Re: HVR-1600 QAM recordings with slight glitches in them

http://brian.interlinx.bc.ca/hvr-1600-dmesg

> IIRC, Brian had a MXL5005s/S5H1409 variant.

The latter part sounds familiar from femon and gnutv.

> I think Brian might have a bad cable or connector or splitter in the run feeding the hvr1600.

The same 4-way splitter fed the HVR-950Q and the HVR-1600 and cables
were swapped just about every way they could be to try to get the
HVR-1600's SNR up.

But as I mentioned before, it's now completely non-functional due to the
coax connector on the card having become loose enough to turn (with some
effort, so screwing an female F-connector on/off was still quite
doable).  Perhaps it was marginal before due to that same problem.  I
guess I will never know... unless I try cracking this thing open and
reconnecting whatever has gotten disconnected -- if Hauppage won't RMA
it for me.  They seem to be pretty silent about that now though after an
initial e-mail exchange.

If not, I've got my eye on a KWorld UB435-Q if I can determine that it's
a hardware rev. 1 unit somehow since the store doesn't want to take it
out of the box to check for me.  It's less than half the price of an
HVR-950Q at $40, as much as I would love to stay loyal with Hauppage --
this coax connector on my HVR-1600 coming loose, aside.

Cheers,
b.