Re: [Q] Interleaved formats on the media bus

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:

> Hi Sakari,

[snip]

> Yes, this is what I started with. What do you think about creating media
> bus codes directly corresponding the the user defined MIPI-CSI data types ?

We've discussed this before with Laurent, IIRC, and the decision was, that
since a "typical" CSI-2 configuration includes a CSI-2 phy, interfacing to
a "standard" bridge, that can also receive parallel data directly, and the
phy normally has a 1-to-1 mapping from CSI-2 formats to mediabus codes,
so, we can just as well directly use respective mediabus codes to
configure CSI-2 phys.

Thanks
Guennadi
---