Re: PCTV 520e on Linux

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> While the basic chips used are different, they are completely
>> different hardware designs and likely have different GPIO
>> configurations as well as IF specs.
>
> The IF settings for xc5000 with DRX-K are solved with this patch:
>        http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7932/
>
> Basically, DRX-K will use whatever IF the tuner uses.

While I fundamentally disagree with this change, I'm not going to nack
it.  That said, this wasn't the issue I was concerned with.  My
suggestion was simply that you cannot assume that all devices that
happen to have a particular demod and tuner combo will always use the
same IF configuration.  The PCB layout can effect the optimal IF.

This is one of those things that (like many tuners in the LinuxTV
tree) will probably work good enough to get a signal lock for whoever
added the board profile, but will result in poor tuning performance
(and a failure to work in less-than-ideal reception conditions).

All that said, if somebody actually intends to hack on it, I can look
up what the correct IF is for the 520e.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs