Re: Updates to French scan files

2011/6/27 Johann Ollivier Lapeyre <johann.ollivierlapeyre@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear LinuxTV friends,
>
>> In order to simplify things, I would propose only ONE scan file with
>> offset -166, 0, 166, 333 and 500. OK, it will take more time for users
>> to run a scan (+66 %) compared to having a file with only offsets -166,
>> 0, 166 but at least we are sure to cover all the possible offset that
>> can be used in France, and we simplify things as much as we can for
>> users.
<snip>

There are five files,
- auto-Default
- auto-With167kHzOffsets
- auto-Australia
- auto-Italy
- auto-Taiwan

which cover all dvb-t transmitters known to me. If your device can
deal with auto* parameters, they're sufficient. (some / many?) devices
can also deal with the 167kHz offset automatically. It is extremely
unlikely that one of the other offsets will be used in future, so I
wait for evidence before I take any action there.

Christoph