Re: Updates to French scan files

Le 20/06/2011 22:09, Antti Palosaari a écrit :
On 06/20/2011 11:04 PM, mossroy wrote:
In France, the DVB-T channels are currently moving (because the analog
TV is being removed at the same time)
The frequencies are modified region by region, with a calendar that
started in late 2009, and will end on november 29th 2011 (see
http://www.tousaunumerique.fr/ou-et-quand/ )

All the new channels are listed here :
http://www.tousaunumerique.fr/professionnels/en-savoir-plus/documentation/categorie-doc/plans-de-frequences/
. The PDF files also lists channels that are planned to be used in the
future (but are unused at the moment)

Is there already a plan to update the scan files to reflect these changes?

Feel free to do that.

regards
Antti

It looks like there is a limited number of frequencies used over the country :
http://www.cgvforum.fr/phpBB3/html/faq_tnt.html#recept7

I am lazy so I was wondering why there was one file of frequencies for each town in /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/. Would it be harmful to have only one list with all those frequencies (there are 57) for all the country? I suppose the DVB-T softwares will take longer to find the channels in all these frequencies, instead of scanning only the ~10 relevant ones. But isn't it what every television does? All the hardware TNT receiver I know scan all the frequencies without knowing in which town you are. Plus it would enable future usage of the currently unused frequencies, without the need to modify the files again

I suppose I missed something because that would be too easy ;-)