Re: Updates to French scan files

Dear LinuxTV friends,

> In order to simplify things, I would propose only ONE scan file with
> offset -166, 0, 166, 333 and 500. OK, it will take more time for users
> to run a scan (+66 %) compared to having a file with only offsets -166,
> 0, 166 but at least we are sure to cover all the possible offset that
> can be used in France, and we simplify things as much as we can for
> users.

As a simple user regarding LinuxTV, i had to:
1) Buy a TV card, and plug it
2) Try TV software to "scan", and see this is not working
3) google the issue and found a tuto
4) try the tuto
5) scan
6) scream "this fucking card **** **** * ****" to everyone ( false, i
keep it in my head)

7 to 34) Iterate many many time between 3 and 6

35) At least found the Freq in Mhz = 306 + (8 x N) + (0,166 x D) thing
on an obscure and random forum
36) take  an editor, my favorite scripting language, and program
something to get the good file for Brest
37) test a scan
38) See this is not working
39) scream " i don't know the **** others parameter like polarisation"
(yes, still in my head)
87) Found how to finally get a working file for brest
88) Send the Brest file to [i don't remember], and Alexis gently said
he commited it.

I think this took me enough lifetime to say that +66% on scan is
really not an issue. +66% is good, even 200% is good!
1) You launch the scan, and see how it's progressing
2) take a coffee and read some news on the net.
3) And finally enjoy the fact the card found all TV channel.
4) At the end, say to the world "the linux/linux-media developers are
fu***** good"

IMHO, this is a much better process ;-)