Re: RTL2831U driver updates

On 06/22/2011 09:13 AM, Steffen Barszus wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:34:31 +0200
Jan Hoogenraad<jan-conceptronic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Thanks. Do you know more about this subject ?

We do have specs about the chipset, but

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/remote_controllers.html#Remote_controllers_Intro

only mentions lirc, not rc-core.
This is about where my knowledge stops, however.

rc-core is only mentioned shortly in:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Remote_Controllers

I think/hope Jarod can comment on this - i just know that new remotes
should use rc-core, as this is the "new thing" for this. I'm no
developer whatsoever :)

No problem there, I already know rather well how rc-core is working :) Will do that.

RTL2830 demod driver seems to be now rather OK, missing all statistics as I planned, but otherwise rather ready. Seems to have some more work for getting statistic since looks like it polls huge amount of regs when updating those.

I am now finalizing that USB-bridge part. Do you have idea if that should be called;

as used chipset names:
dvb_usb_rtl2831u
dvb_usb_rtl2832u
dvb_usb_rtl2836u
dvb_usb_rtl2840u

or just name it as generic:
dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
dvb_usb_rtl2800u

or some other.

rtl28xxu or rtl2800u sounds best for me.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/