Re: "dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(" with Technotrend S2-3200

On 06/13/11 22:55, Sébastien RAILLARD (COEXSI) wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-media-
owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bart Coninckx
Sent: lundi 13 juin 2011 19:14
To: linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: "dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(" with
Technotrend S2-3200

On 06/13/11 00:30, Bart Coninckx wrote:
Hi all,

hope you can help me this one, because there's not a whole of info
about similar problems to be found.

I have a Technotrend S2-3200 with CI and on three different distros I
get this

"dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(

in /var/log/messages.

I guess this is the reason why I cannot see encrypted channels on
Linux.
Unencrypted works fine. In Windows XP the cord works fine too.

I tried Opensuse 11.4, the latest Mythbuntu and the latest Mythdora.

Can anyone give any hints on how to go about this?

Your reporting isn't very clear:
- When you try under Linux and Windows, is-it the same PC with the same
configuration?
- Does-it work with unscrambled channels on Windows ?
- Can you decrypt scrambled channels on Windows ?
- Does-it work with unscrambled channels on Linux ?
- Can you decrypt scrambled channels on Linux ?

Sorry, I figured that this would be clear, but:

- it is the same PC with a Windows install on another drive
- it works scrambled and unscrambled in Windows
- it works unscrambled on Linux
- no, I cannot, that is the main problem. I thin it is related to the "PC card did not respond" message.

Thank you!

B.