Re: Terratec Cinergy 1400 DVB-T RC not working anymore

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah, good to have confirmation its got the same issue (and that
> it doesn't appear to be a simple case of flat batteries)
>
>> Jarod, send me your mailing address off-list, and I'll get a package
>> into the mail this week.
>
> Will do, coming shortly.

Not to hijack the thread, but when I was doing the saa7134 work for
the 1150, I noticed something strange during testing.  I just was
watching the my tty0 virtual console while whacking buttons on the
remote.  It appears that there would be a backlog queued up in the
driver.

For example, if I hit on the remote control:

1111.....2

(where .... is a pause for a couple of seconds)

I would actually see to the console:

1111....12

(were .... is the pause in time)

Note that there is a "1" after the pause, suggesting it was in some
sort of queue or backlog that wasn't flushed.

Have you seen anything like this with other drivers?  I'm asking
because if this is something you think might be specific to the
saa7134 (and you want to investigate), I can throw the 1150 board into
the same package.

I guess I'm just raising the concern because the perceived behavior
could be stray button presses being sent to the application.  For
example, if I say "13" and then a few seconds later type "25", I don't
want the application to receive "325".

Anyway, let me know if you want me to throw the second board in the
outbound package.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs